Friday, July 16, 2010

Record Finds 16/07/2010

Another Friday for vinyl records, and I scored! Here are my finds:

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Works Volume I (1977)

Note: German pressing by Ariola. The first three sides contain solo pieces done by each of the three members of ELP. Side 1 is Keith Emerson, side 2 is Greg Lake, and side 3 is Carl Palmer. Side 4 has all three members of ELP performing together.

Prince - 1999 (1982)

Note: Australian pressing manufactured by WEA Records Pty Ltd (we rarely ever get imported vinyls from Australia or New Zealand here in Canada, mainly because those two countries have different markets). In some countries, Prince's breakthrough double album would be edited to just a single LP record. Australia was one of those countries to do this!

Two copies of Phil Collins - No Jacket Required (1985)

Note: I will be putting one of these up for trade soon!

The Dream Academy - The Dream Academy (1985)

Note: Features "Life in a Northern Town". Unfortunately they didn't do much but they were still a great band!

Billy Joel - The Bridge (1986)

Note: I already have this album. I just got another copy because the one I already have was made in the USA, but this particular version was made in Canada.

Various Artists - Flashdance Soundtrack (1983)

Note: Made in New Zealand by PolyGram but the cover is Australian (as I said, we rarely get imported records from down under because it's a different market over there).

Rod Stewart - Camouflage (1984)

Rod Stewart - Body Wishes (1983)

Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman (1988)

Paul McCartney and Wings - Wings over America (1976)

Note: 3-LP live album by Paul, Linda, and company.

Dionne Warwick - The Dionne Warwick Story (1971)

Note: Dionne is live! This was her very last album for Scepter Records, but it's not a studio album (her last studio album for Scepter was "Very Dionne", which I also have).

Paul Horn - Inside (1968)

Note: 1970's reissue with orange Epic label.

Bruce Hornsby and the Range - The Way It Is (1986)

Ernest Gold - Exodus Soundtrack (1960)

Note: I have a 1970's issue of this record, which I will also be putting up for trade soon.

Bing Crosby - Beautiful Memories (1977)

The Jets - Magic (1987)

Note: The Jets are actually a whole family consisting of brothers and sisters specializing in pop, R&B, and dance music.

Bronski Beat - Hundreds and Thousands (1985)

Note: Features four remixed tracks from "The Age of Consent", and two tracks that should have made up the band's next single at the time ("Run from Love" b/w "Hard Rain").

Culture Club - Kissing to Be Clever (1982)

Cleo Laine - Born on a Friday (1976)

Prism - See Forever Eyes (1978)

Bangles - Different Light (1985)

Note: Features "Walk Like an Egyptian".

Paul Young - The Secret of Association (1985)

The Irish Rovers - Children of the Unicorn (1976)

Bryan Ferry - These Foolish Things (1974)

Note: 1980's reissue.

Cats (Selections from the Original Cast Recording) (1983)

Note: I already have the full Broadway cast on a 2-LP set, but I didn't know Geffen made a version that was reduced to just one LP!

Jackson Browne - Lives in the Balance (1986)

Dead or Alive - Youthquake (1985)

Note: You spin me round like a record!

Hall and Oates - Voices (1980)

Note: I already got a copy of this record last week, but the version I previously purchased was a 1981 reissue with the duo looking kinda strange on the cover. The copy I got today is an original pressing from 1980 with a different and much more appealing cover!

So that's all the records I got. Wow, what a haul! I even got a record from Australia!

Ryan AKA OldMusicOnVinyl1 signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment