Friday, July 9, 2010

Record Finds 09/07/2010

Guess what? I got me some records today! Well I didn't have time to drive to the local thrift shop myself, so I figured my brother would go instead today. I got some pretty nice scores! Now, time to check 'em out:

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus (Salieri Version) b/w Urban Tropical (12" single, 1985)

Note: This Austrian guy also sang "Der Komissar", which would later on be covered by After the Fire.

Bob James - Heads (1977)

Note: This album doesn't have the sides listed as "Side 1" and "Side 2" as usual; instead, side 1 is "Heads", and side 2 is "Tails"!

Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (1977)

Note: Slime Tron 5000 might like this, since I think he's a fan of Jean-Michel Jarre.

Edith Piaf - The Great Edith Piaf (1981)

Pat Metheney and Lyle Mays - As Falls Whichita, So Falls Whichita Falls (1981)

Note: My brother told me that this was the first Pat Metheney album he had when he started collecting vinyl records

Roberta Flack - Blue Lights in the Basement (1977)

Note: I already have this album. I got another copy just because I'm having a record trade soon, and I'll get to add records into my collection that I don't already have.

UB40 - UB40 (1988)

The Manhattan Transfer - Mecca for Moderns (1981)

Hall and Oates - No Goodbyes (1974)

Hall and Oates - Voices (1980)

Ryan AKA OldMusicOnVinyl1 signing off, hoping that you will have a nice Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment